CDM Smith Mechanical Engineer 5 in Orlando, Florida
We are looking for a senior engineer who has experience completing the design of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection Systems for technically challenging facility design projects. Your responsibilities with CDM Smith will include:
• Designing and managing the design of complex building mechanical systems under the direction of a Senior Engineer.
• Prepare and check engineering calculations, including heat loads, ventilation and energy calculations.
• Prepare plans and write specifications for bidding and construction
• Initiate and participate in project coordination with the electrical, structural, process, instrumentation and architectural disciplines.
• Prepare engineering studies and reports.
• Prepare energy conservation studies, energy modeling and energy audits for commercial and industrial clients
• Work with clients and project managers to prepare scope for project proposals
Mechanical Engineer 5
CDM Smith Employment Type:
The minimum requirements of this position with CDM Smith are:
• A minimum of 7 years of experience
• PE Required
• Experience designing HVAC and/or plumbing and fire protection systems for water/wastewater, semiconductor, biopharmaceutical and/or other technically complex industrial projects
• Experience working directly with clients to document project scope
• Ability to generate and understand P&ID's
• Familiar with NFPA Standards and Building Codes
• Familiar with the principles of energy auditing, and experience with energy modeling software
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MS office suite skills required
• Must be able to open and manipulate AutoCAD files
• MicroStation skills desired
• LEED and CEM credentials desired
To be successful with CDM Smith in this position, you will:
• Mentor and advise junior engineers
• Review the work of other engineers
• Collaborate with the members of your team and others in CDM Smith
• Come up with innovative to solutions to unique engineering problems
• Work with clients to troubleshoot operational problems
• Be able to prioritize and work on multiple assignments concurrently
• Delegate and manage engineering and drafting assignments
• Observe deadlines and budgets
• Assist the Group Leader with administrative tasks
• Contribute to successful marketing efforts by keeping your resume updated, writing project scopes, and participating in client interviews
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Florida - Orlando
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: