CDM Smith Manager II - Construction in Dallas, Texas
Our Transportation Construction, Engineering and Inspection (CEI) group assists in all levels of federal, public, private and international organizations by offering planning, design, and construction services for transportation systems that reflect community needs. Our value-added program management, best-in-class design-build expertise, and unparalleled sustainability and economic solutions, build partnerships and create solutions for current and future environmental and infrastructure challenges.
Our Construction, Engineering, and Inspection team in Dallas, TX is seeking a Manager II – Construction to join our established team of accomplished professionals. Construction management experience with highway construction projects is highly desired.
As a member of our team, this individual will provide technical expertise to the firm. The individual will plan, direct, and coordinate and manage CEI construction projects ranging from large multi-discipline projects to moderately complex.
- Coordinate and control all construction management activities including CPM scheduling, claims management, project coordination, risk management, and quality management on a large complex construction management assignment.
- Communicate and interface with internal/external team members and authorities involved in the planning, design, execution and construction activities.
- Manage, monitor, and track project objectives including scope of work, schedule and budget.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Client and home office staff.
- Build the project team including sub consultants and subcontractors and manage their duties and activities.
- Ensure that construction is completed in accordance with the Contract Documents and CDM Smith Quality Standards.
- Manage resources and budget effectively contributing to the overall profitability of the firm.
- Establish processes and procedures to reduce cost, limit risks and provide a safe work environment for our staff.
- Mentor staff and contribute to the firm’s knowledge management system.
- Assist in development of a construction management network in the Dallas area.
Manager II - Construction
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management required and 15 years of experience in construction or Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) and 20 years of construction experience or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) from the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) and 20 years of experience or 27 years of construction experience in lieu of degree. PE desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated record of high performance in managing all levels of CEI projects.
- Proficiency with typical computer-based management and Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of alternative delivery construction methods
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Dallas
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: