CDM Smith Automation Engineer 4 in Dallas, Texas
CDM Smith is seeking an Automation Engineer with a passion for Automation and a curiosity to explore new technologies to help drive and advance our practice. Under limited supervision, this role provides basic to highly complex design, programming, configuration, training and startup of instrumentation and control systems for plant operations. As a member of the Dallas Automation team, the Automation Engineer will contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Under limited supervision, creates basic to highly complex instrumentation, controls and related systems designs using 3D and 4D drafting programs. Develops basic technical memoranda related to design issues for clients. Prepares preliminary design reports (PDRs) under supervision.
• Reviews basic to highly complex component level shop drawings. Provides responses to requests for information (RFIs) under supervision. Performs field acceptance testing (FATs) and field inspections. Under limited supervision, creates basic to highly complex human-machine interface (HMI) designs, programmable logic controllers (PLC), reports, etc. Prepares level of effort estimates (LOEs).
• Leads testing and startup team for basic to moderately complex instrumentation, controls and related systems independently with minimal supervision. Responsible for testing and startup documentation completion and quality assurance filing.
• Assists with the development of basic to moderately complex operations & Maintenance manuals for designed instrumentation, controls and related systems.
• Under minimal supervision, develops systems training for end users.
• Leads teams and provides direction and mentoring for junior staff. Reviews the work of junior staff as necessary.
• Assists with proposal development and presentation.
• Performs other duties as required.
Automation Engineer 4
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or in Engineering Technology or related discipline.
• Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in states where an EIT is not obtainable (within 18 months of hire or promotion or transfer).
• 5 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Water/ Wastewater industry experience highly preferred.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Dallas
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Expert knowledge of instrumentation, controls and related systems designs.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite of programs.
• Expert knowledge of 3D and 4D CAD drafting.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.