CDM Smith GIS Specialist 4 in Chennai, India
Responsibilities include supporting the design, development and implementation of Geographic Information System (GIS) solutions to provide decision support for a variety of water resources and environmental engineering projects, and for enterprise GIS implementations for CDM Smith clients. Position requires development and maintenance of spatial databases, in-depth analysis of spatial data, imagery analysis and interpretation, feature extraction, quality control, quality assurance, and related implementation activities. Position may involve programming and client-facing skills.
GIS Specialist 4
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• B.S. or higher degree in geography, geology, planning, computer science or a related scientific field with a strong emphasis in GIS. A minimum of 8-years Min experience is required with bachelor’s degree, or 7 years Min experience required with master’s degree8 years. Excellent written and oral communication are required, including the ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical staff.
• The position also requires strong computer skills, knowledge of relational databases, ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously, and a self-starter with the desire and ability to take the lead on assigned tasks.
• Required software experience includes ESRI GIS core products (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox) and preferably experience with ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcGIS Server, Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst.
• Desirable software experience includes computer-aided design (CAD) software (AutoCAD, Microstation), GPS platforms, some exposure to programming (Visual Basic, C++, SQL, XML, Java. ASP, ASP.NET).
• Some travel will likely be required, usually local within the region and typically less than 5%.
• Very good knowledge in Working ArcGIS Desktop (versions above 10x) with extensions such as spatial analyst is must.
• Very Good Knowledge in working ArcGIS Server (versions 10x), ArcGIS for portal, ArcGIS online, Rest API and ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight is highly helpful.
• Hands on Experience on GIS Data Creation is an added advantage.
• Sound knowledge and experience on testing all kind of applications.
• Hands on Experience on basemap design and creation of data using ESRI Suite products.
• Hands on Experience on Open source software’s is also an advantage.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
India - Chennai
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: