CDM Smith Lead IT Business Analyst- (Data Warehouse/Oracle Financials) in Boston, Massachusetts
CDM Smith is seeking a Lead IT Business Analyst with experience in implementing a data warehouse, data analytics and reporting, with a strong background in Oracle Financials (R12 or Fusion). This role’s primary function is as a Business Analyst, working independently with the business, collaborating and seeking requirements and providing solutions. This individual will partner with executive level stakeholders to translate requirements to the technical team using their proven understanding of Finance processes, IT software development process, and knowledge of a project-based environment.
Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, and Business Support
• Under general supervision, designs, develops and implements basic to moderately complex Information Technology (IT) business systems.
• Performs requirements gathering, system design, prototyping, system integration testing, system installation, and deployment of business system(s).
• Specializes in a specific, large program/system or provides general support for a wide variety of programs/systems, if required.
• Provides user and application support of escalated IT issues as defined by the group’s incident and prioritization processes
• May provide technical guidance, training and mentoring to more junior staff.
• May supervise the work of junior staff on project work.
• Provide advice in area of expertise outside of the business analysis group.
Performs other duties as required.
Lead IT Business Analyst- (Data Warehouse/Oracle Financials)
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Bachelor's degree.
• 7 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Previous Data warehouse, Business Intelligence, or analytics and reporting project experience
• Finance processes – Project Accounting, Revenue Recognition
• Previous experience implementing Oracle applications - R12 or Fusion
• Engineering industry experience a plus as well as ERP (Oracle preferred) experience
• Previous experience in a project-based environment
• Previous experience as a consultant desirable
• Certification: CBAP or PMI-BPA desirable
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Massachusetts - Boston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Finance process knowledge in the following areas:
o Project Accounting, project costing – burdened labor rates, revenue recognition calculations.
• Proven Business Analysis knowledge and experience, preferably with implementing data warehouse and related data analytics reporting.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact up to the senior level team members.
• Proven experience partnering with senior level management teams.
• Excellent Articulation skills - ability to entice people to talk and to build trust and credibility.
• Project accounting experience and strong finance background.
• Good interpersonal skills - Ability to meet with the business and document requirements concisely
• Solid knowledge of architecture frameworks
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Visio
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.