CDM Smith Point Cloud Modeller in Bangalore, India
• To produce 3D Deliverables from Point Cloud Data and Lidar using Revit.
• Produce 3D Existing Conditions Models with exceptional detail and accuracy.
• Skills with AutoCAD, Revit and related software
• Knowledge of AEC disciplines, MEP, architectural and structural standards
• The skills to bring include the ability to set up models for production and optimize Revit modeling workflows.
• A strong knowledge of BIM standards, the ability to ensure accuracy in the models and adherence to the quality standards.
• Experience in WTP/WWTP or Industrial plants.
• 5 yrs experience in Point cloud Data conversions.
• Production of high-quality 3D BIM Models in Revit
• Incumbent will utilize various CADD modeling /design techniques per CDM Smith CADD and/or client provided standards.
• Should have ability to work independently within a project team. Immediate supervisor provides direct technical guidance for unusually difficult assignments.
• Collaborate with other designers, engineers and architects and clients to convert information into layout designs, drawings and models using REVIT and AutoCAD.
Decipher information received from various formats (sketches, BIM Execution Plans, Architectural drawings,
• Experience within infrastructure especially WTP-WWTP /industrial projects is a plus.
• Should be interested and able to work in an international environment.
Point Cloud Modeller
CDM Smith Employment Type:
• Degree/ Diploma in Engineering with vocational technical training in CADD modeling technology and 3D modeling technology with 8-12 years of related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience).
• The incumbent must possess a strong working knowledge of core 3D CADD applications (such as Revit, Civil 3D, AutoCAD 2D/ 3D), as outlined above.
• Must have proficient knowledge in handling Revit and other BIM application tools and concept of BIM. Capable of producing Revit plans, sections, elevations, details, schedules etc. must be familiar with all Revit tools and creating and editing view range, drafting views, view templates, system families, materials, project/shared parameters, multi-category schedules, project title blocks, worksets, Revit category-based profile, annotation families etc., must be capable of link multiple Revit files and work. Capable of handling Revit projects without any guidance from the superior and managing the tasks with sharing the work with others.
• Must be capable of performing Clash detection using Navisworks and Revit interference check, export Clash reports, review clash reports etc.
Create Dynamic Blocks with parameters
Use different 3D representations such as shading, conceptual etc.
Export 3D geometry for use by subcontractors and outside agencies.
Assist in the production of producing 2D sheets (plans, sections, 3D clips and details) from 3D/4D multi-discipline models under close supervision from senior 3D Modeling staff (Transitional 2D techniques)
Complete other duties as assigned appropriate for the designated grade level.
• Degree/Diploma in Engineering.
• Experience with Architectural / Structural/ Mechanical drawings, developing equipment layout and site plan drawings.
• Experience in leading the modeling related tasks and coordinating with client to get the deliverables completed on schedule and budget.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
India - Bangalore
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required: